Thanks to Rui of the Reservations Department at the Tesouro da Baixa Boutique Guesthouse in Lisbon, we can now announce we’ve got a hotel base for our “photo tourism workshop” in Lisbon, Portugal!
(I love those lamps on the ceiling!)
One of the issues I’ve had finding a suitable location is the European habit of offering non-refundable rates. The Tesouro da Baixa is offering us their great non-refundable rates but with a very flexible cancellation policy!
The other thing that was important to me was that whatever hotel we chose was centrally located and the Tesouro da Baixa is definitely that. It’s only a 5 minute walk from the Santa Justa Lift, less than ten minutes from the Convento do Carmo and 15 minutes away from the Castelo de S. Jorge, among other attractions including over a dozen bars and restaurants within a couple of blocks!
Here’s how to take advantage of this great offer.
1) Go to this URL. If the language is Portugese, click on the UK flag at the top of the page to switch to English.
2) Choose your arrival date and the number of nights stay (workshop will be from March 23rd to March 30th, 2019).
3) In the “Choose the desired city” field, choose “Lisbon”.
4) In the “Choose the desired house” field, choose “Tesouro da Baixa – Lisbon”.
5) Pick your room. Make sure it is one of the cheaper “Early Booking SPECIAL DISCOUNT – Non-Refundable” rooms. NOTE: ALL PRICES ARE IN EUROS. For reference, 100.00 Euros is approximately $116.00 US dollars.
6) Under each room description, you’ll see “Rooms”. Pick “1” and then the number of adults – prices are a little cheaper for just one adult in a room!
The hotel says:
Guests can choose the non-refundable rate to benefit from 10 % discount, with the following conditions:
A deposit of 20% and a credit card as a guarantee will be required upon booking and is refundable up to 30 days before arrival in case of cancellation;
The remaining 80% should be paid 7 days before arrival. There are no refunds after this.
In the comments’ section on our booking page, after filling in the details, guests should declare they are attending your workshop.
THIS LAST PART IS IMPORTANT. In order to be eligible for the 30 day cancellation policy, YOU MUST put “Attending the Starting Point Photography Workshop“ in the comments section. That way, the hotel knows you are eligible for this special deal. You should also send me an email confirming your reservation for my records in case there are any issues going forward.
I hope you’ll agree this is a lovely hotel, a great location in a beautiful city, and a wonderful deal for our attendees. We are going to have a blast in Lisbon and you are going to learn a lot about photography and have fun doing it!
SEE YOU IN LISBON!